Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Snapchat Email
What is the "LC-MS"
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod ("LC-MS") traces its origins to 750 Saxon immigrants who came to America in 1839 seeking religious freedom. They settled in Perry County, Missouri, which is just south of St. Louis. 

The LCMS was organized in 1847 at a meeting in Chicago, Illinois, as the German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and Other States, a name which reflected the geographic locations of the founding congregations. One hundred years later, in 1947, the Synod officially changed its name to The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. The LC-MS is headquartered in Kirkwood, Missouri.

The word “synod” means “walking together”, indicating that we as a denomination have agreed to “walk together” in the same confession of faith.